When driving from one place to another, you never know what could happen. A car is a delicate machine and a number of different problems can occur that would require you to call an emergency towing company to get you to the right place. Since you never know when something like this could happen, it is important that you have your car stocked with things that would come in handy while you wait for the towing company to get to you. Here are the five most important things to keep in your car:
- A Fully Charged Cell Phone: First off, you won't be able to call a towing company if you don't have a phone. You could walk to the nearest gas station or restaurant to borrow the telephone they have, but you never know just how far that walk might be and it would definitely be more convenient and save you a whole lot of time if you have your own cell phone available to you. You shouldn't drive if your cell phone is really low on battery life since the tow driver may have to call you back to help pinpoint your exact location.
- A Flashlight: Having a flashlight in your glove compartment is always a good idea. If you are driving at night and you need to see the emergency towing company's phone number that you have attached to a business card in your wallet, then having a flashlight will come in handy.
- A Reflective Triangle: If your car gives out on you while you are driving and you are stuck in the middle of the road or are on the side of a highway, it is always good to have a reflective triangle to set out at night time to ensure that other cars can see you. This can avoid a huge accident since sitting cars in the middle of the road are huge targets for being hit by oncoming traffic.
- Food: Although emergency towing companies try their best to get to you in a timely manner, you never really know just how long the wait will be. To ensure that you stay healthy and energized, it is a good idea to have some food, like granola bars, available to you and also some water, as well.
- An Ice Scraper: If you are driving in icy, cold conditions and you end up stuck waiting for a tow truck, it is a good idea to have an ice scraper to ensure that once you are able to get on the road again, you won't have too much ice build up on the windshield that will prevent you from being able to do so in a timely manner.
By having these five things in your car, you can stay busy and calm while waiting for an emergency towing company like Superior Towing to arrive to your destination.